woensdag 11 december 2013

Youth Literature week 3

The Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins

I have both read the book  and seen the movies of The Hunger Games. My preference goes out to the movies because the book was more boring to go through and I really liked the visuals in the cinema plus there was sound... you don't get to have sound (effects) in a book. Reading The Hunger Games was quite boring because I already knew what would happen and I had go through the trouble of reading all of it in order to get to the end of the book.

After having read the book I came to the conclusion that I couldn't think of anymore themes/ genres than just rebellion so I searched on the internet. I found out that Dystopian is a genre for this book as well. At first I didn't know what Dystopia meant so I searched it up and I think you might find it interesting as well : ''Dystopia is defined as a society characterized by a focus on mass poverty, squalor, suffering, or oppression, that society has most often brought upon itself. Most authors of dystopian fiction explore at least one reason why things are that way, often as an analogy for similar issues in the real world''  In this case the dystopian was brought upon the people because of their previous rebelion, but I don't think that is relevant now. 


I missed class this week because I overslept but I'm lucky for having nice classmates who told me what class is about. In class we had to make a mindmap about finding hidden messages and about the goal those led us to. And I got told that they came to silly and obvious conclusions and that the mindmapping was totally unnessar.


As for the age I think this book is relevant for teenagers up from 16 year old because there are people dying in the story.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten