vrijdag 14 juni 2013
1 (text) revised
News:
A British man who posted a message on Facebook threatening to kill 200 US schoolchildren, has been jailed for over two years. Reece Elliott caused a major security scare in the Tennessee area after posting abusive messages on two tribute pages set up for two US teenagers who had died in road accidents. When challenged about the posts, the 24-year-old sent threatening messages to two teenage girls, telling one of them: "You have been chosen tomorrow at school to receive one of my bullets." Schools in Warren County, Tennessee subsequently went into lockdown after Elliott posted threats to kill 200 children. Almost 3,000 pupils missed school the day after the postings were made.
My opinion:
I think that the man deserves punishment indeed, but I think that two years is a little bit too much. But on the other hand threatening 13-year-olds is not something what a father should be doing. I think this is punishment will set a very good example for other internet trolls, and that it will tell them that there are limits in ''trolling'' and that one should be aware of it before getting themselves into unnecessary troubles. I am convinced that the man will for once and for all learn from this mistake.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/british-internet-troll-reece-elliott-jailed-for-two-years-after-making-threat-to-kill-200-us-children-on-facebook-8697838.html
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
I do not agree with you on this point, this civil war has gone on for too long and has cost too many lifes. I do think that the USA should not do this on their own, together with Russia they should come to a sollution but I think it will result in a military interference.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen